Check out this list of coming events! These events are for men, women and youth bowlers. They are not sponsored or ran by FM USBC Association, but are great opportunities for bowlers to get out and enjoy the game!
If you would like to add your event to the list, please contact [email protected] with the details.
- The “Flight System” is a format that eliminates the need for average divisions or handicaps yet allows all youth ages and skill levels to participate in competitive bowling. All bowlers will complete an initial four games to determine the flight positioning. Bowlers will be grouped in flights based on your 4 games total scratch score. Flights will be no lower than 7 and no more than 16 bowlers.
- Once flights are determined all bowlers will bowl an additional two games to determine final positions within the flight. The six game total will determine the final qualifying scores within each flight. There is no moving up or down in flights once placed.
- The top three bowlers in each flight will advance to a stepladder finals based on the six games of qualifying. The third place qualifier will bowl a one game match against the second place qualifier with the winner advancing to bowl a one game match against the tournament leader. Matches will be bowled in a match play format alternating frames. The higher qualifier in each match will have choice of starting lane.
- Flights with higher qualifying scores will be guaranteed higher paybacks. The person finishing fourth in the flight above, will receive a higher scholarship than the person finishing first in the flight below.
- All scoring is done on a scratch (no handicap) basis.
- All scholarship funds shall be returned 100%. All scholarship funds for each event will be deposited in the SMART Fund. Prize ratio shall be at 40% in each flight (fractions .5 and above will be rounded up).
This year, we will be abiding by any COVID precaution directed by the proprietor of each center. I have reached out to West Acres Bowl and they would like everyone to wear face coverings when walking through the building. The bowlers will be able to remove their masks while in the settee area and when they are up to bowl. They are also asking to limit the amount of spectators to make social distancing a bit easier.